|"Uncover the true power of your DualShock 4 to join forces with ATOI THE MESSENGER in a daring quest to deliver a top-secret message.
Unfold her magical papery world, save her pals in peril and battle the monsters trying to stop her delivery"
Tearaway Unfolded is the PlayStation 4 expansion of Tearaway. First announced on August 12 2014. It was released on September 8th 2015.
In March 2017, the digital copy of Tearaway Unfolded became free to PlayStation Plus members.
While following a similar story of the messenger taking daring quest to reach "You" to deliver their message, Tearaway Unfolded features familiar & new content exclusive to the PlayStation 4 that utilises the PS4's features.
- Choose either between Iota or Atoi - You can then choose to play as the alternative charater to your choice once you start the game.
- Guiding Light - Pressing Either L2 or R2 in dark areas enables the player to shine a flash light that can affect the world and characters in different ways.
- The player can use the controller's touch pad to control the wind & make Atoi bounce.
- Tilting the controler upwards lets the Messenger throw objects & certain creatures, like a gopher & fire them at things. stroking the touch pad at these times makes the controler mimic the creature caught.
- Players Draw on the "Cutting mat" by using the touch-pad. Or they can let someone else craft objects via the "companion app" using the PS Vita's Remote Play function or Mobile App.
- Players without the PS4 camera can use their PS Vita to take photos via Remote play.
- Atoi has a purple torso and arms and legs. Whether this is a costume or the default model is currently unknown. She is also wearing a sash with a badge on it.
- The Harbor appears to be larger and the sea is interractable.
- Iota has hair. Whether this is the default model or a "pre-added" accessory is currently unknown
- You Don't Need a PS4 camera to play this game.
- Atoi appears in the trailer, but Iota does not.
- None of the characters in the game (Excluding the narrators) can talk. Atoi and Iota only make noises.
Tearaway Unfolded received "generally favorable" reviews on Metacritic holding a metascore of 81/100 based on 70 critic reviews. On whatoplay.com, it receives an aggregate score (playscore) of 8.43/10 based on 42 critics and 4,510+ gamer ratings.
- ↑ Description found on game box
- ↑ Offical Game Page (Accessed 24.01.2017) - http://www.mediamolecule.com/games/tearaway_unfolded
- ↑ Tearaway Unfolded Coming to PS4
- ↑ Metascore for Tearaway UnfoldedMetacritic, Retrieved April 1, 2020
- ↑ playscore for Tearaway Unfoldedwhatoplay.com, Retrieved April 1, 2020