Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
|User||Administrator since||Edit count||Bureaucrat?|
Moderators are users who are given the ability to "rollback" edits, which means that they can easily revert edits not made in good faith - when there have been more edits made since.
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. If you want to become an administrator, send a message to the wiki bureaucrat asking for permission. You must also meet the requirements below.
- You must have edited the wiki for a full 3 months.
- You must have made 200 edits in the mainspace.
- You must have not vandalized any pages, or have been hostile to others.
If you vandalize anybody or are hostile to others after you have been granted admin/moderator rights, you will be revoked of your admin/mod powers and banned from the wiki. Also, if you are an admin/moderator and do not edit the wiki for 365 days, your rights can be removed. If this has happened, then you can become an admin again after another 200 more edits.
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.